Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Our Best Day Ever!!!

May 26, 2010 was one of the most exciting and best days of our lives!  We welcomed our baby boy, Christopher Wade Wyatt Jr. into the world.  Wade was born at 2:37 p.m. weighing 9lbs 10 ozs and was    22 1/4 inches long!  




We were so blessed to have an easy and stressfree delivery for Wade.  After my checkup that day, the doctor and I decided that since we knew I was going to have a larger baby, I had not started dilating at all and my due date was the following day it was time to bring this baby into the world.  So, I checked into the hospital that Tuesday evening to jumpstart the delivery process.  After getting settled, our family visits and being given the drug to ready my cervix and Ambien to sleep, Chris and I settled in for the evening about 10:30.  All was good until 2:00 a.m. when my contractions started.  Boy, I have never felt such pain!  I have felt what a contraction is like and I never need to experience that ever again in my life.  I do not understand why any woman would choose to have a natural childbirth.  I was so thankful when they came in at 7:30 the next morning to start the Pitocin and told me that I was going to get my epidural at the same time.  All I could think was bring on  the relief!  Oh and what a relief it was.  That epidural was the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world.  After that, the process really got going.  After just a few hours of contractions (none of which I felt thanks to that wonderful epidural) our baby was ready to make his arrival.  At 1:30 that afternoon my doctor arrived to begin the delivery.  Only a little while later, Wade made his grand entrance.  Not knowing what the sex of the baby was going to be, the nurses and doctors made a big deal out of announcing IT'S A BOY!  It made the experience so special and I wouldn't change it for the world. 


The day was so wonderful and Chris and I are so thankful to be blessed with the greatest family and friends that shared in our most special day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment