Friday, July 23, 2010

Am I Cut Out For This?

Parenting, that is. Today has been my hardest day being a parent so far.  Wade had his 2 month checkup at the pediatrician and with that came SIX vaccines.  Yes, you read right.  He had to get six shots to his poor little legs today.  I was so nervous about the appointment that I drug Chris there with us.  I needed as much moral support as Wade and while I was there for my baby, Chris was there for me.  I couldn't tell you what the vaccines were for specifically, I was just nervous for my little man.   However, Wade was a real trooper.  Though he did let out a couple of duck-dying screams and his face turned the brightest shade of red I have ever seen, he is now sitting here on Chris's lap cooing and smiling and being as sweet as ever. 

Now, I am just praying that we will not have to put the infant Tylenol and thermometer we bought into use (or that my sweet baby will remember this traumatic event and hate me for it in the future).  I have to admit it, I spent most of the morning and early afternoon being extra lovey and apologizing to him for what I knew was about to happen.

I guess this can just be chalked up to one of those many "I did this for your own good and it hurts me more than it will hurt you" moments...

1 comment:

  1. The shots get easier, though I swear they are still far harder on Mommy than on baby. You're totally cut out for this thought...great mama!

    ReplyDelete