Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Am An Award Winning Chef!

Every year in conjunction with our 4th of July celebration in Seaside, my family hosts a cooking competition for all our friends and family that are on vacation.  We have competed with desserts, appetizers and dips in the past.  This year my incredible husband, having been the king of cuisine last year by winning the dessert competition, was put in charge of the cook-off.  He chose the category of cookies.  Now, I have never been one to compete before but Chris thought it only right to step out of the fight this year being he was the one to plan everything.  So in great Wyatt tradition and with a heaping amount of pressure on my back to keep the title of World's Greatest Chef in the family, I decided to throw my hat in the ring.  I knew that I didn't want to prepare anything too difficult or time-consuming as I was on vacation and didn't want my beach time to be affected so I chose to make what I named Peach Cobbler Cookies.   

So, as in year's past, everyone came to the house for a hot dog cookout and our cook-off before the festivities of the 4th.  There were 12 entries this year and 29 people in attendance to share in the fun.  We had every kind of cookie under the sun to taste.  There was everything from ice cream cookie sandwiches to basic chocolate chip cookies. 

A look at a few of the entries

After everyone had eaten, sampled the entries and cast their votes, a winner was announced.  Guess who came out on top this year?
That's right.  I maintained the title for the Wyatt family and came home with the Silver Spoon Award. Now, if I can just find a place of honor in my house for that stunning trophy...

No comments:

Post a Comment