Friday, July 30, 2010

Oh My!

This past weekend Wade and I packed up and went to spend a few days in Fayetteville. I wanted to go up there once more before my maternity leave was over and I am so glad we went because it was such a great time.  I always feel like when we take a trip to Arkansas, it is for an event and we end up spending the entire time running at 90 miles an hour to fit everything in.  And while we didn't do a whole lot of sitting around, this was a much more relaxed trip. We got to see all our family and several friends while we were there, eat at some of my favorite restaurants that I have not been to in a while and even got several home-cooked meals, which I NEVER get the chance to enjoy.  

While I was there I saw one of the funniest things ever...

That is my mom's dog.  She may not look that funny to everyone else, but for those of you who know China, it is hilarious.  While this picture makes her look like a young puppy, she is 16 years old and usually covered in an extremely full coat of hair.  I never knew how skinny she was under all that fur.  To add insult to injury, she is almost completely blind and losing her hearing.  She also has never been able to bark beacuse the previous owner had her vocal cords clipped which I think is so cruel.  That means she is literally deaf, dumb and blind and now has no hair!  In my mom's defense, she didn't have this done on purpose, this is how China looked when she picked her up from the groomer.  She was as surprised as the rest of us to see what her dog looks like. 

Oh well, it is just hair and like I woiuld tell any girl who has gotten a bad haircut, it will grow back out.  Regardless, it does not make her any less sweet...


1 comment:

  1. How sweet of you to give China some attention. She has never been mentioned on a blog before....now she's a star!!!! I know she feels it's worth a bad haircut to have her 15 min. of fame!!!

    ReplyDelete