Monday, July 26, 2010

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!

I can't believe it but Wade turned two months old today.  Everyone told me before he was born to cherish every minute because it would go by so fast and even though it saddens me to admit it, they were right.  It feels like just last week, we were checking into the hospital to welcome our little miracle into this world.  However, somehow, the last eight weeks have come and gone in a blink of an eye.  Gone is our cuddly, sleepy newborn and in his place is the most sweet and loving baby that is so active and busy.  He is also showing signs of the most adorable personality.  He smiles and coos all day long which melts my heart every time. 

Wade is also starting to create sounds that resemble more than grunts and his favorite "word" at the moment is "Ah-goo" (To which his dad tells me that he also likes Ragu).  It is so much fun to sit and have our version of a conversation.

One of his favorite past-times is playing on his activity mat and working on his motor skills as he is so determined to grab the toys and rattles that hang from it. It was about a week ago that we noticed he was actually purposefully hitting them instead of just wildly swinging his arms uncontrollably.  While his fingers are still uncooperative and he is unable to grasp anything on his own, his actions seem to be much more deliberate as he reaches for his toys.

 Another thing he is working on at the moment is trying to get his thumb in his mouth.  As for now, Wade is putting his entire fist in  his mouth but you can tell it will only be a matter of days until we will have a thumb-sucker on our hands. He just has to figure out how to separate his thumb from the rest of the fist and stick it out hitch-hiker style.  I can just see the orthodontist bills piling up in the future but for now it is so cute to watch him and his determination.

While I do miss my newborn baby, it has been so much fun to watch Wade grow and change over the last few weeks.  I am so excited to see what the future will bring and the fun that I know I am going to have with my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment